Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Sweet Cupcake

The Sweet Cupcake Stamp Set and matching Cupcake Cutout Dies are just perfect for making a card that looks like you could eat it right off the paper.  I really enjoyed making this card.

I chose the three cupcake colours - Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo & Island Indigo and the base was stamped using Crumb Cake - as was the sentiment. 



The icing on the cupcake is created by using 3 stamps to get the variation in colour.  I used the same colour but did the stamping off technique to achieve the variations.  For the base layer, I inked up the stamp with Crushed Curry and then stamped it twice on scrap paper and then stamped it onto the Whisper White cardstock.  This created a nice faint layer.  For the middle layer, I inked it up and then only stamped it once on scrap paper before putting it over the top of the base layer.  As these stamps are Photopolymer and you can see through them, lining them up is a breeze!.  For the top layer, I didn't stamp off at all, just stamped straight over the bottom two layers.  This gave a nice dark area.  Then to highlight this area even more, I used some Glossy Accents to make it pop.  Using the Fine Tip Liquid Glue also works, but I had run out!!!

The base of the cupcake is completed doing the same technique.  The great thing about this 2-3 step stamping is the dimension you get and the natural shading of the colours. 

The tops and bottoms of the cupcakes are cut out using the Cupcake Cutout Dies and the top is glued onto the bottom.   They can then be positioned anyway you want.  I popped the middle one up on dimensionals to give even more pop.  A bit of Melon Mambo Ribbon and tiny bow, a scattering of Perfect Pearls, backed on some Designer Series Paper and the card is perfect for anyone young or old. 

Supply List
Stamp Set: Sweet Cupcake Photopolymer Stamp Set
Dies: Cupcake Cutouts Framelits Dies
Ink: Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Island Indigo & Crumb Cake
Cardstock: Whisper White
Designer Series Paper:  Brights
Other: Perfect Pearls, Melon Mambo Ribbon & Glossy Accents.


If you live in Australia, feel free to contact me for support, tips, hints or help with building your supplies.  Happy to answer any questions - follow the link to the Contact me page. 

Also, if you live in Australia, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Follow the link to my online store for any supplies or contact me for more information.  I can even help you to become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator which has fantastic benefits. 



No comments:

Post a Comment