Friday, 26 May 2017

Organisation Week - Day 5 of 7

Ink Swatches


Like everything else, I like to keep on hand an impression of what inkpads I have. 

These are super easy to make and also help with colour co-ordination.  Sometimes an ink can look very different to the outside of an inkpad.  While Stampin' Up! colours co-ordinate, it is still handy to have. 

These are made by cutting White cardstock into small strips of 1-1/2".  These are then cut at 3" lengths.
Round the corners if you like (I did) with a corner punch.
Punch the hole with a hole punch
Attach with binder ring.


On the back I just label the name of the ink and the company that produces it. 

As I like to watercolour and sponge with my inks, I also did a swatch ring of sponged/blended inks.  They look very different to a stamped image. 


Made exactly as for the ink swatch, but a sponge dauber was used to cover the swatch.  Again the name of the ink and company was written on the back. 


I also have a dauber for each inkpad.  You really only need one for each colour family, but I collected plenty over a period of time, so was able to.  Don't forget to label them.  Storage boxes are available at most craft stores to hold the daubers.  Sponges work just as well.

 Together they look like this.



They hang on a small hook on the wall!  I always know where to find them :)

Next Up Tomorrow - Embossing Folders

If you live in Australia, feel free to contact me for support, tips, hints or help with building your supplies.  Happy to answer any questions - follow the link to the Contact me page. 

Also, if you live in Australia, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Follow the link to my online store for any supplies or contact me for more information.  I can even help you to become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator which has fantastic benefits. 


No comments:

Post a Comment