Monday, 22 May 2017

Organisation Week - Day 1 of 7

Cardstock Swatches


Stampin' Up has lots of cardstock that is divided into Brights, Regals, Subtles, Neutrals and the Incolors.  So altogether there is 50 Different Colours.  There is also Thick Whisper White and Shimmery White Cardstock (and soon to be Thick Very Vanilla).

Keeping track of all the different colours can be hard and it is easy to overlook a colour.

So, I created a swatch booklet for all the cardstock (50 colours) that I keep with me at my desk.  It helps with co-ordination of colour and by having them the same size as what I use for my card front, I can easily check how something will look by putting it on top.  It's amazing all the different colour combinations you can come up with. 



A kaleidoscope of colours - simply inspiring. 

The measurement I use are 4 1/8" wide x 5 7/8" long.  This is simply an A4 sheet cut into quarters.  I then use a hole punch to punch a circle in the top left hand corner and attach them with a binder ring.  These can be purchased in any craft store, most Bargain outlets and even Officeworks. 

On the back I keep the information required to keep track of what the name, product number (for easy ordering) and what collection it comes from.  All of this information is not really necessary, other than the name, but I find it helpful being a demonstrator to have all that information close at hand.




I use the Avery labels from Officeworks for these, size L7277.  The easiest way to use them is to go through word and put in template and the type (Avery L7277) and it will come up ready for you to type in.  I always print out on a normal sheet of paper first to ensure that the printer margins line up properly.  If they don't there is an option to change them. 

Just writing on the back in marker is just as effective - it is the information that is important. 

Tomorrow I will be sharing how I store my A4 cardstock - stay tuned!

If you live in Australia, feel free to contact me for support, tips, hints or help with building your supplies.  Happy to answer any questions - follow the link to the Contact me page. 

Also, if you live in Australia, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Follow the link to my online store for any supplies or contact me for more information.  I can even help you to become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator which has fantastic benefits. 



No comments:

Post a Comment