Saturday, 13 May 2017

Happy Mother's Day

Well, here in Australia, it is Mother's Day this weekend - the 14th July to be exact.  I love this time of year and always get spoilt by my 2 children. 

I have been busy making Mother's Day cards and even though I only needed 2, I ended up making 5.  At least next year I will have a fall back...

There have been some amazing cards on pinterest and the internet in general.  I have to say there are some amazingly creative people out there. 

Anyway, here are my 5 cards.   I will only give a little information about them as it's helpful to keep the post short.  I will provide information in regard to supplies and credit to those I CASE'd (which stands for Copy and Share Everything - a motto of Stampin' Up!).  Yes it is okay to copy someone else's creation, as long as you give them the credit.  Sometimes it is just what you need to get your own creativity started and to learn valuable techniques.

Card 1: Petite Petal Wreath - sadly this little flower is retiring.  I will definitely miss it.
Stamp Set : Petite Petals (flowers), Hardwood (background stamp) & First Sight (greeting). 
Punch: Petite Petal punch, 2" circle punch
Ink: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise and Smoky Slate
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight & Whisper White
Other: Brights Enamel Shapes, Rhinestones.


Card 2: Petite Petal Flower
Stamp Set: Petite Petals 
Punch: Petite Petals Punch, Triple Banners Punch
Dies: Flourish Thinlits Dies
Embossing Folder: Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Folder
Ink: Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay & Daffodil Delight
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White & Cucumber Crush
Other: Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals

Card 3: Special Reason Bouquet

Stamp Set: Special Reason & Thoughtful Banners
Dies: Layering Circles Framelits, Stylish Stems Framelits & Hello You Thinlits
Embossing Folder: Petal Burst
Ink: Blushing Bride, Sweet Sugarplum
Cardstock: Whisper White, Sweet Sugarplum, Blushing Bride & Mint Macaron Glimmer Paper (retired from Sale-A-Bration 2017)
Other: Subtles Enamel Dots, Wink of Stella Clear (on happy), Sweet sugarplum 3/8" ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals.

Card 4: Rose Wonder

I would like to give credit for this card but I have seen so many copies on pinterest that I have no idea who first created it.  Please know that I DID NOT create this card. 

Stamp Set: Thoughtful Banners (Sentiment - put together)
Dies: Rose Garden Thinlits (layered twice for dimension)
Punch: Classic Label Punch
Ink: Real REd
Cardstock: Whisper White & Real Red
Other: Wink of Stella (put on the red cardstock on the right hand side for effect - and to cover any glue that may have oozed out when adhering the rose :)  ). 

Card 5:

This card is CASED from Julie DeGuia for her Global Design Project.  Julie used MOM, but in Australia we use MUM, so just changed it up a tiny bit.  An absolutely beautiful card Julie that I just had to create for myself.  Thank you. 

Stamp Set: Number of Years (Background) & Letters for You (MUM) & Thoughtful Banners (I love you).
Dies: Large Letters Framelits
Punch: Classic Label Punch
Ink: Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush &Crushed Curry
Cardstock: Whisper White & Watermelon Wonder and some 2015 - 2017 Mint Macaron Envelope Paper, and a small amount of Vellum.

If you live in Australia, feel free to contact me for support, tips, hints or help with building your supplies.  Happy to answer any questions - follow the link to the Contact me page. 

Also, if you live in Australia, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Follow the link to my online store for any supplies or contact me for more information.  I can even help you to become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator which has fantastic benefits. 



No comments:

Post a Comment