Tuesday, 16 May 2017

Fun With Retired Product

A lot of people think that once a catalogue has finished and products have retired then they are not useful anymore.  When I buy a stamp set, I want to use it over and over and over.  I only started buying Stampin' Up! products in August 2016.  After purchasing so much stock I realised that it was in my best interest to become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  I joined in January 2017 - just 4 months ago.  Best decision I ever made and I SAVED SO MUCH MONEY, and got SO MUCH MORE!

So my obsession has grown and I now have 144 Stamp Sets...  I love them all and intend to keep using them for a long, long time.  After June 1st 2017 the retired sets will be out in force for sale as people flock to make room for the "NEW" stuff.  While I love the new stuff too, and I'm very excited about some of the new things coming on June 1st, I will always have a place for the OLD!  Keep your eyes open as you just might grab a bargain.

Having said all that - and I will give you a sneak peak into some of the NEW later this week - here are a few cards I made with a couple of the sets that are retiring.  As you will see - they are Stinkin' Cute...

These 4 cards are made from one set - it was a host set (purchasable when Sales are over $250 - this can be at an event such as a Stamping Party/Workshop, or just your own purchases... isn't that great, you do not have to host a party to be able to get Host Stamps!!!)









This Stamp Set is called Love You Lots and they really are very cute.  They can be used for any occasion.  They would also look great on a scrapbook page.

The first card (Elephant & Mouse) is on Basic Gray & Whisper White.  The circle is stamped onto the Shimmery White Cardstock as I watercoloured the Elephant.  This cardstock is great to watercolour on.  A little bit of printed Acetate in the background and a cute Silver Ribbon and bow and this card is finished.  The fourth Card is basically the same, but using Early Espresso and a Gold Ribbon.  The Acetate is actually the same, just reversed.  It is Gold on one side and Silver on the other!

The second card (Frog) is Emerald Envy and Whisper White.  Again with a little background Designer Series Paper, circle and scalloped circle, a little ribbon and Wow!  The third card (Ladybirds) is the same, just in Real Red, again with the Gold Ribbon. 




This birthday card is made using the Endless Birthday Wishes Stamp Set.  The background is created just using different inks with the word happy that is in the set.  Bright and colourful, it catches the eye and makes a great birthday card, especially for a child.  There are so many wonderful words in this set, such as happy, birthday, party, awesome, hooray, yippee and more - the options of creating your own backgrounds and fun sentiments are endless.  The colours I have used are Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Pumpkin Pie. 

If you live in Australia, feel free to contact me for support, tips, hints or help with building your supplies.  Happy to answer any questions - follow the link to the Contact me page. 

Also, if you live in Australia, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Follow the link to my online store for any supplies or contact me for more information.  I can even help you to become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator which has fantastic benefits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment