Friday, 19 May 2017

Flower Patch Card For My Mum

Sadly, my mum has been really sick and has been undergoing chemotherapy and radiation therapy for Cancer.  You may have noticed that I had a bit of time off in March.  I flew up to Queensland where she lives to be with her and help her get to and from her treatment.  It is never easy seeing someone you love suffer.  As she already has a defibrillator for her heart and various other health issues, the treatment was brutal on her body and it left her with very little functioning ability.  I worked in Mental Health for over 20 years and even that didn't prepare me for seeing my own mother so reduced and fragile. 

To anyone else who has had to watch someone they love battle, or even themselves, know you have my full love and sympathy.  Take care of yourself as well!

Anyway, my mum had to go to rehab to learn how to function all over again.  She is only 74 and has always been very active, a very independent lady.  She is one of my biggest inspirations.  Growing up, we didn't have much so handmade was the norm.  Now that I can afford things, I still love the handmade - it really does come from the heart.   To know that someone took the time out of their busy life to make something just for you is very heartwarming. 

My mum makes absolutely beautiful knitted garments and her crotchet and stitching are top notch.  She has also started jewellery making - along with my sister - and I must admit I made quite the collection while I was up there!  Making a card for her to "lift her spirits" was a no brainer and the brightness of the colours in the card I sent did just that. 

To blow my own trumpet, she absolutely loved her card 😀.


I used Melon Mambo, Cucumber Crush, Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise for this card.  The lighter shades are created by stamping off on a scrap piece of paper first. 

I first stamped all the images on Whisper White cardstock and then used the matching Flower Fair framelits to cut out the flowers and leaves. 

I used a Tempting Turquoise mat and then put some Silver Ribbon 1/8" and tied a bow around a slightly smaller Whisper White mat.  I then layered the flowers and leaves to my liking.  The sentiment was perfect from the Lift Me Up Stamp Set. 

Inside I stamped a couple of flowers to match. 

Supply List
Stamp Set: Flower Patch & Lift Me Up Stamp Sets
Dies: Flower Fair Framelits
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crush.
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise & Whisper White
Other: 1/8" Silver Ribbon


If you live in Australia, feel free to contact me for support, tips, hints or help with building your supplies.  Happy to answer any questions - follow the link to the Contact me page. 

Also, if you live in Australia, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Follow the link to my online store for any supplies or contact me for more information.  I can even help you to become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator which has fantastic benefits. 





No comments:

Post a Comment